Dear Valiant Volunteers
Let’s get the apologetic correction out of the way. Last week you were asked to contact Keith if you could be an extra recruit for the Watering Team. The wrong email address was laid before you. Gasps of surprise from the readers. Please contact him at email@example.com Please remember, having your name on the list doesn’t commit you to going out there every week – fear not!
This is true …….
• someone has contacted us in dire distress due to absence of regular fix of Weekly Witterings. Their withdrawal symptoms were awful to behold, it seems.
• two days ago, one of our ladies posted an interesting illustration depicting International Naked Gardening Day. All I can say is I look nowt like that illustration………….
• another “two days ago” item. You can mention this one in polite circles : the wonderful David Attenborough posted International Dawn Chorus Day. Get out there early with your litterpicker (or trowel) – a few days late but the chorus remains spectacular.
The Witterer’s Week :
Thurs 9th May 10am join the Thursday Crew at Haslingden Road Gardens (adjacent to St Mary’s Chambers). New diggers will be incredibly welcome! Oh – and a good attendance particularly needed as some of our regulars are away (disgraceful!!) and there’s a presentation by Woodcock’s (local solicitors) of lovely £££ to Civic Pride Rossendale. Thank you Woodcock’s!
Fri 10th May 8pm onwards Buffer Stops chat. As ever, new guys very welcome to meet us and share gossip.
Sat 11th Weir Pride 10am meet at Doals Centre Burnley Rd. Big plans afoot there!
Mon 13th May 9.30am Tricketts Memorial Ground crew – again, depleted by absence this week so your help will be most welcome.
Essential Footnotes :
1. We’ve been informed there’s an allotment available in Rawtenstall – a rare opportunity, we think. Ring 01706 222868 for info
2. Greenhouse update : base installed ; greenhouse delivery on Mon 27th May. If you can meet the delivery chappie at our store behind the market, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Delivery time tbc
3. The HOG (aka Hassy Old Rd Garden) was enhanced last Thurs by Sue C-R. Valuable aid from Janet Rebecca & Alex with support from Made In Haslingden and Help The Aged. Linking up with other groups?? Great! This wasn’t planting – go along to see it for thi’self! Sue says she’s got bunting available for any of our SG’s who’d like to enhance their patch for a while (email@example.com)
You’ve managed to plough through your Fix of Weekly Wittering? All of it? Just goes to show CPR volunteers are a tough ol’ bunch….