|Dear Rossendalians and Equally Dear Out-of-Towners
Thank you Sue, Sue, Keith, Kath, Pam for being the Sunday team yesterday. Tbh, could’ve done with lots more volunteers (izzat making you feel guilty??) – but the Noble Few did some great work. Thanks guys!This week we’ve got ……
- Tues 6th Weir Pride Knit/Natter – some enterprising plans hatching there. 9.30am Doal Centre. Weirsiders and non-Weirsiders all very welcome.
- Weds 7th 10am Bacup Pride’s gang will meet at the lockup for more remarkable renovating round town.
- Weds 7th 6.30pm start Rawtenstall Neighbourhood Forum. Venue : meeting room at Rossie Ski Slope. We’re up for a grant ; and the main item on the agenda will be Waterfoot. Be good t’see you there.
- Thurs 8th 10am at The Embankment opposite Asda ; more on The Embankment, plus central res and Phipps car park area. LOADS to do so come on out with our Truly Fab Thurs Crew (12 of us last week!)
- Friday 9th 8pm onwards Buffer Stops – bring a few bits of wood so we can light a fire (that’ll make sense when you turn up!)
- Saturday 10th Weir Pride. Soup Social, Doal Centre : sorry I’ve not got a time for that. Message them via F’book for details.
Vital Other Bitsa Info
- AGM is just 2 weeks away – 20th Feb – prep for onslaught of agenda, reports and support papers!
- Big Spring Clean dates on 2nd 3rd 4th March. We’ll be out somewhere every day, together with the other Pride clans. Please be prep to support this big improvement effort of your area!
- Tricketts – well done Charlotte, we now have a big grant to support the work which our small Waterfoot group are doing to massively renovate Tricketts Memorial Ground. It’s attracted a lot of grateful attention from locals. I really hope that’ll translate into them getting their hands dirty!
- The new sport (it’s official!) is Plogging. It involves jogging, combined with picking up Plastic Litter as you go! No specialist kit needed altho’ we could lend you a litterpicker and a few bags ….
That’s the lot f’r this week (brief, as promised!)