Good Afternoon Environmental Enthusiasts Everywhere
Daffs in full bloom, bluebells peekin’ through, tulips looking marvellous – who cares what the weather’s like?? Everywhere’s gorgeous, thank you Civic Priders. …
First – something new – get this …. We get lots of ideas for areas in dire need of Civic Pride’s tlc so we’re starting a GrotSpot Of The Week!! Litter Master Ben’s been out doing a reccy and identified … (wait f’r it ….)
TAYLOR ST/GREENFIELD ST RAWTENSTALL, PLUS ADJOINING STEPS AND BANKING. The idea is :-
- if you’ve a spare few minutes nip over there with picker and bags, get litter from those 2 streets, steps, embankment and – if you’ve a brush p’raps give it a sweep
- leave full bags at the bottom of the steps
- leave the mattress for RBC to collect (some deadhead’s dumped one there)
- let us know what you’ve done, either on the Lone Rangers QT site or email email@example.com
- let the local residents know what’s happening – make sure they see you, and how about recruiting them?
- target completion date : 7th May. Can we do it?
MON 30TH APRIL 9.30AM START – TMG team would love some help (=Trickett’s Memorial Ground, Burnley Rd East, Waterfoot))
TUES 1ST MAY – ooohh it’s May Day. Hey-nonny-noh! Where shall I stick the maypole? (no fruity suggestions, thank you)
WEDS 2ND MAY – 9.30AM all day effort with the Daisy Group – various pieces of bypass beautification with free lunch at McD’s thrown in! Any help appreciated – don’t have to do the whole day ; ring me if you’re lost! 07877 211314
WEDS 2ND MAY 10AM BACUP PRIDE meet at their market cabin, backs onto Market St – or find Forget Me Nots which is at the side of t’cabin (or at least, that’s what Aunty Pat sez an’ she’s never wrong….).
THURS 3RD MAY – 10AM on The Gyro (opposite R’stall Library). Sue Shutt knows what needs doing – dontcha, Sue?? – so we’re taking orders from herself this week. Bring your own mug to sample Aunty Lynn’s coffee.
FRI 4TH MAY – having a Bank Hol Weekend Staycation? Start off your avoiding-the-bank-hol-traffic with 8pm meet at Buffers. Excellent gatherings these past many Fridays. A further delightful dose of Pride Conviviality for Priders from anywhere ‘n’ everywhere
SUNDAY 6TH MAY 10AM the joint gets crowded with ….(3 sessions happenin’) ….
- Bacup Pride’s 1st-Sunday-of-the-month bash – meeting place as per Weds 2nd (above). If you can’t find ’em ring Pat Smith 07751 380392
- Civic Pride Rossendale’s ditto – meet on the Town Square Rawtenstall which is in need of your magical touch – and if you didn’t know you’d got one of those, acquire one via our amazing on-site tutelage ‘n’ tips!
- Civic Pride Haslingden – you’ll find details of their weekly wonder-litter-pick on their Facebook page, no doubt (how was the AGM, Hassy crew??)
MON 7TH MAY go ooon – spare a bit of your May Bank Holiday – help the team beautify TMG (as per 30 April – see above). Charlotte/Liz please let me know if there’s any Bank Hol change of plan ; everyone, check via our Civic Pride phone on 07955 110199. Ta!
All the above supplemented by the wonderful Secret Gardeners and Lone Rangers doing solo taskings all over the place. Ay-maze-ing!
Last thing – has anyone seen 3 banners for a pre-school/nursery which’ve mysteriously disappeared from outside Sykeside and Bankside? Let me know if you have! (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cheers! – and have a luverly Bank Hol Weekend