It’s a figment. Just a figment. Six foot of snow outside thi’ front door? Can’t be …. it’s Springtime tomorrow. The 2018 Equinox, in fact, occurs at exactly 16.15 hours on 20th March. So leap out of your clothes, dance around the garden (Secret Gardeners have a choice of garden) glass in hand, celebrate the fact. Winter’s done. Wheeee!
Factoids currently relevant to Civic Pride Rossendale – please note, folks :
1. Sunday 8th April : please support the excellent Rossendale Players AND Civic Pride with your attendance at The Millennium Theatre. Details as given last week. Give the telly a miss!! Email Anne Dixon for tickets on email@example.com We also need raffle prizes : please email Anne with your promise!
2. Civic Pride Haslingden – amazing quantity of well-filled green litter-bags noted round town. Well done guys!
3. Litter Blossom Time …. yup, that time of year when last year’s plant growth is dead, this year’s hasn’t started (apart from daffs ‘n’ things) thus revealing long-hidden litter breaking out in all its ghastliness. NOW is absolutely the time to get hold of the problem. Together and in ones and twos we can break the back of what’s been a pretty grim few weeks litter-wise. (or we can just leave it all there…???)
Events this week
• Tues 20th 4.15pm communal dancing naked (see above) – go on, surprise the neighbours
• Weds 21st 9.30am Weir Pride Knit ‘n’ Knatter, Doals Centre, Weir.
• Weds 21st 10am Bacup Pride’s coffee-drinkin’ crew, out to clear another grotspot. Meet behind Bacup Market. Hi-viz and all the gear provided.
• Thurs 22nd 10am meet on outbound layby of the bypass (adjacent to the railway station), clearing part of the area, plus, possibly, re-siting plants from a willing donor. Duncan, just make sure you save me a brew this week, ok?? (last week? …. not a drop …. zilch …. thought he was a mate …..)
• Friday 23rd Buffers 8pm. Whilst you lot indulge there, Your Chair will be representing Civic Pride at The Mayor’s Charity Ball (if I can find some clean socks ….and if they’ll let me in ..) Ok, see you at Buffers.
• RESCHEDULED!! Now on Saturday 24th, postponed from the icy depths of 3rd March, ’tis The Great Spring Clean Litter Pick Pt (1) : meet 10am at McDonalds (free drinks ‘n’ nosh) before totalling Haslingden Rd of ALL its litter. Special appeal to volunteers who’ve not been out wi’ us for a while!!
• RESCHEDULED!! (f’r the same reason) postponed from 4th March to Sunday 25th March The Great Spring Clean Litter Pick Part (2). Meet 10am at junction of St Crispin’s Way/Flip Rd/Bentwood Rd, Carrs Industrial Estate Haslingden. Come on Rawtenstall folk, join the Hassy Crew, big communal effort, let’s get LOADS of us out there!
• Monday 26th 9.30 Tricketts Memorial Ground Waterfoot, next stage of the renovation.
And that, poor suffering reader, is all you’ve got to wade through this week.
Chris PS if you need to get in touch with us, want to join in but don’t know how :-
• firstname.lastname@example.org website www.civic-pride.org.uk
• or Facebook pages for any of the above …….we’d LURV to receive a word or ten from you!